Passionate cyber security and technology professional with over 9 years’ experience in the IT industry. Forward thinking, creative and adaptive under pressure. Strong communication, teamwork, collaboration, successful in local and multinational teams. Up-to-date experience in vulnerability management, security information & event management (SIEM) and incident response. Fluent in English and French.
- WORK EXPERIENCE
Network Security Analyst (Royale Bank of Canada): Jan 2019 to present
- Firewall Rule accreditation and recertification: Reviewing and assessing all existing firewall rules enterprise wide with the aim of reducing any exposures to the bank
- Identified and cataloged firewall rules which pose a risk to RBC.
Accomplishment: Reduced any exposures to the bank to an acceptable level by accrediting firewall rules. Protected the clients and the brand, which is cost efficient for RBC.
IT Security & Network Administrator
MLQ (Mouvement Laïque Québécois), Freelance Nov 2017-Dec
- Perform Linux administration with a security focus with implementing security controls / mechanisms and conducting security monitoring operation
- Remediate security incidents such as Malware, Phishing and Web attacks
- Identify all types of vulnerabilities, i.e. logical and technical vulnerabilities automated web application security scan and develop Bash code for Nessus Reports
- Compare the list of pages, directories, files and input parameters each web crawler identified and see which of them identified the most or ideally all parameters
- Configure and deploy Vulnerability Scanner Nessus to produce and analyze vulnerabilities reports
Accomplishment: Reduced the attack surface by providing technical support with vulnerability assessment, tracking, analysis and real-time resolution of identified security incidents using Nessus and Nmap
Internship Cybersecurity Analyst and Security Operations
Castres-Mazamet Hospital in France Apr 2017-Oct 2017
- Prepared and integrated log sources into SIEM (ArcSight, Splunk, McAfee) technologies and related documentation
- Managed SIEM correlation rules and analyzed data, such as logs or packets captures, from various sources within the enterprise
- Created Security Information Event Management (SIEM) use cases to test the value of different SIEM (ArcSight, Splunk, McAfee)
- Prepared technical reports and presented the penetration testing results including recommended solutions
- Accomplishment: Saved $50,000 by studying the security needs of the business, designing and implementing a Proof of Concept regarding the choice of a SIEM.
Web Developer /Integrator 2014-2017
Koumbit and Elyham (Software systems), Montréal [www.koumbit.org]
- Coded Behat to test the functional requirements and data analysis
- Designed, enhanced and maintained website components for DRUPAL
- Environment: WordPress, Drupal, CSS3, HTML5, MySQL
Web Developer 2013
Sofort GmbH, Frankfurt-Germany [www.sofort.de]
- Maintained and enhanced the existing bank payment frontend site with bug tracking and correction
- Environment: CakePHP, SVN, CVS, MySQL
Network Engineer 2012
- Developed the connections between routers (Cisco and Juniper), telnet and Ethernet interface, and parameterized database (MySQL)
Web Developer 2008-2011
Afropa Geld GmbH, Frankfurt-Germany [www.afropa.de]
- Organized and completed the project tasks for Money Transfer System
- Developed system design and data sharing through system interface (middleware Layer)
- Environment: Ubuntu, PHP5, AJAX, HTML/CSS, MySQL.
Computer Instructor – www.mlq.qc.ca, Montréal 2015 – Present
- Assist adults to gain and improve their computer skills (on site and remote mode)
Trainer – Hospitals across France 2017
- Promoted computer security awareness in hospital and business